Oculoplasty deals with all disorders regarding the eye; be it genetic, hereditary or acquired. Your eyes and the ability to see, play a great role in your life especially when it comes to getting to know the world and people. Thus anything that hampers your ability to see could pose a serious problem. Today, given the advanced technology and the heightening popularity of Oculoplasty, the eye disorders that trouble human kind are diminishing slowly. Factors like a person’s medical history, health conditions and age too are of great importance when considering the success quotient of Oculoplastic surgeries.
SAARC countries i.e Bangladesh, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, India, Afghanistan, Nepal, Bhutan and Maldives has many well-known oculoplastic surgeons who are mainly found working with high end clinics and leading hospitals in the nation. The people in SAARC countries i.e Afghanistan, Nepal, Bhutan and Maldives are offered excellent services and commendable medical assistance through these specifically trained and skilled surgeons.
Many esteemed hospitals in SAARC countries i.e Bangladesh, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Afghanistan, Nepal, Bhutan and Maldives offer the required infrastructure to promote oculoplastic surgery. First, an inner-eye test is carried out to diagnose the condition of the patient. This is followed by the oculoplastic surgeons deciding upon the right method of treatment. These hospitals also have an extensively planned system to keep in check the patients’ condition and their progress in recovery.
Oculoplastic Surgery in India
Being one of the leading developing countries, India is considered to be one of the best hubs for medical tourism in terms of facilities as well as cost effectiveness. Needless to say, India’s medical facilities are of great demand even in SAARC countries i.e Afghanistan, Nepal, Bhutan and Maldives. The people in SAARC countries i.e Afghanistan, Nepal, Bhutan and Maldives choose to travel to India to cure ocular diseases as the accessibility of medical aid is much wider here. The fact that India houses one of the best oculoplastic surgeons in the world is another reason why people choose India over SAARC countries i.e Afghanistan, Nepal, Bhutan and Maldives.
The name of Dr. Debraj Shome is not unfamiliar to the people who specialize in the oculoplastic field. Dr. Shome is renowned for his extensive knowledge in Oculoplasty and his long-term surgical experience. This makes him a favourite among many of the medical tourists.
Here’s why thousands from around the world choose to get treated by Dr. Shome:
- Availability of one-to-one consultation
- Follow-up systems
- In-depth investigations without bias
- Vast knowledge
- Awareness about current methods in this field of surgery
- Guidance on recovery and care
- Tie-ups with specialty hospitals
Given his approachable nature and friendly demeanor, Dr. Shome has managed to win the trust of many patients from SAARC countries i.e Afganisthan, Nepal, Bhutan and Maldives.
As mentioned earlier, one can find good oculoplastic surgeons only in the leading hospitals and clinics of SAARC countries i.e Afganisthan, Nepal, Bhutan and Maldives, thus making the financial side of the surgery to be a bit on the expensive side. Given the unique billing structure in SAARC countries i.e Afganisthan, Nepal, Bhutan and Maldives, this cost will go up even further, thus making it inaccessible to the common man. This is where India comes to the rescue. In India, the average surgery fee will range between INR 60,000 and 80,000. The rate might vary depending on surgical specifications. It should also be pointed out how the technologies in India are a bit more advanced than that of SAARC countries i.e Afganisthan, Nepal, Bhutan and Maldives, thus causing people to choose the former over latter.
Dr. Debraj Shome and His Accolades
Currently based out of Mumbai, Dr. Shome is one the most famous Indian surgeons, adept is oculoplastic, cosmetic and facial plastic fronts. He also holds the post of co-founding and heading Institute of Aesthetic Surgery – The Esthetic Clinics, at JCI, which happens to be a top-notch multi-specialty hospital in the country as well as abroad.
An exemplary surgeon in the areas of reconstructive and cosmetic surgery, Oculoplasty and various cancers regarding the face and the eye, his achievements are endless. Some of them include:
- Best Oculoplastic Surgeon India
- Top 10 Cosmetic Surgeons in India
- Celebrity Plastic Surgeon in World
- The American Academy of Ophthalmology’s Journal, ‘Dermatologic Surgery and for the Archives of Facial Plastic Surgery.
- Best Plastic Surgeon Mumbai
- Marquis Who’s Who
- Reviewer for Indian Journal of Ophthalmology’s ‘Head and Neck Surgery
- Marquis Who’s Who Asia Pacific
- Bharat Biotech – LVPEI Travel Grant Award in 2005
- Travelling Grant Fellowship Award from the Royal College of Surgeons, Glasgow for his work in Oncology research in 2005
Dr. Shome’s fame keeps spreading, especially at this point of time when oculoplasty is of great demand and our neighboring countries including Pakistan require excellent surgeons like him.
Some of Dr. Shome’s interest areas are mentioned below:
- Non-surgical Facial Rejuvenation
- Face Lifts
- Oculoplastic Surgery
- Mid-Face lifts
- Cosmetic Facial Plastic Surgery
- Eyelash enhancement
- Auricular Repositioning
- Facial Reconstructive Surgery post Facial fractures and cancers
- Neck Lifts
- Jaw Contouring
- Reconstructive Surgery for Facial & Eyelid Cancers
- Facial implants
- Eyelid Surgery viz. Ectropion
- Lip Augmentation & enhancement
- Hair Transplants and Hair Restoration Surgery
- Facial & Orbital Fracture Repairs
- Facial Flaps & Grafts for Facial Cancers,
- Orbicularis Oculi Myectomy for intractable Hemifacial spasm &Blepharospasm