Oculoplastic surgery is seen as a boon across the medical world. With science having advanced to this level, oculoplastic surgery indeed proves to be a blessing in cases that need correction or treatment of an injury to the eyes. This is often a cosmetic surgical procedure as well. Oculoplastic surgery is basically linked to the eyelids, the orbit area—that is, the bony region around the eyes, and the tear duct region of the eyes.
An oculoplastic surgeon in Pakistan will help you correct constructive issues as well as address cosmetic or even plastic surgery demands of patients. Oculoplastic surgery or plastic surgery for this area is a specialized domain that only the most expert hand can manage to handle.
Leading hospitals in Pakistan have facilities for oculoplastic surgery and local patients can also follow-up before the surgery and post-surgery too. A detailed inner eye study is conducted first before the patients are suggested to get admitted. Leading oculoplastic surgeon teams analyze each case separately and devise a way forward. Oculoplastic surgery can actually be used to treat rare disorders and can give all new confidence to those who have been afflicted with an ocular defect from birth or due to some accident.
Oculoplastic Surgery in India
India is a leading hub for medical tourism. With the growing demand for medical tourism services across the country, India has soon become a much-acclaimed destination for medical tourists from Pakistan, seeking services of a good oculoplastic surgeon. In India, the oculoplastic surgery scene is well developed leading multi-speciality chains and medical centres offer latest means and resources along with qualified plastic surgeons in this niche for patients.
Dr. Debraj Shome is one leading name who features across all oculoplastic surgeon lists of Indian origin. With a wide-arrayed experience and ample depth, Dr. Shome is a top pick even among visiting medical tourists from Pakistan.
The best reasons why patients from Pakistan must visit Dr. Shome for all their oculoplastic needs are-
- Vast expertise
- Awareness about latest methods in this field of surgery
- Tie-ups with large hospitals
- Proper care-based one-to-one consultation
- Post-surgery recovery and care
- Detailed investigations without bias
Dr. Shome has made a name for himself thanks to his friendly attitude and approach with patients from Pakistan. He has been in the limelight for his numerous success stories that we will look into later.
In Pakistan, the average oculoplastic surgeon will be accessible only at leading hospitals. This makes the overall cost of oculoplastic surgery balloon in huge leaps. Comparatively, in Indian, the average cost would range between INR 60000-80000 or more depending on the exact type of surgery the doctor suggests. The costs difference between Pakistan and India is a fair bit since Pakistani surgeons might not have access to a number of pre and post-operative resources in the country itself. In India, most of these resources are available and are fully updated. This makes the cost structure come down.
Dr. Debraj Shome And His Accolades
Dr. Debraj Shome is one of the leading oculoplastic, Facial Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeons in the world. He is current based out of Mumbai, India. Dr. Debraj Shome is the Co-Founder of and also head of Institute of Aesthetic Surgery – The Esthetic Clinics, at JCI accredited top-line multi-specialty Indian corporate hospital. He is presently attached to many multi-specialty hospitals including-
- Breach Candy Hospital
- Saifee Hospital
- Apollo Spectra Hospital
- Raheja Fortis Hospital
He is the current head of Facial Plastic Surgery centre at the Apollo Spectra hospital, Mumbai, India. This is among the best centres that caters to ultra-super specialty surgery in the counter. He also co-founded the Esthetic Clinic at Apollo Health City, Hyderabad. Dr. SHome was also the head for the Department of Facial Plastic & Cosmetic Surgery at the aforesaid clinic from the years 2009 to 2011.
Dr. Shome specializes in facial cosmetic and reconstructive surgery, Oculoplastic surgery, ocular and facial cancers, orbital, lacrimal & socket surgery. His top honors include-
- Best Plastic Surgeon Mumbai
- Top 10 Cosmetic Surgeon India
- Best Oculoplastic Surgeon India
- Marquis Who’s Who
- Celebrity Plastic Surgeon in World
- Marquis Who’s Who Asia Pacific
Since Oculoplastic Surgery is of high demand among patients across Pakistan and other countries, Dr. Shome’s fame is spreading all the more. Dr. Debraj Shome’s interests comprise of-
- Cosmetic Facial Plastic Surgery
- Oculoplastic Surgery
- Non-surgical Facial Rejuvenation
- Face Lifts
- Mid-Face lifts
- Facial Reconstructive Surgery post Facial fractures and cancers
- Eyelash enhancement
- Auricular Repositioning
- Hair Transplants and Hair Restoration Surgery
- Facial & Orbital Fracture Repairs
- Neck Lifts
- Jaw Contouring
- Reconstructive Surgery for Facial & Eyelid Cancers
- Facial implants
- Lip Augmentation & enhancement
- Facial Flaps & Grafts for Facial Cancers,
- Orbicularis Oculi Myectomy for intractable Hemifacial spasm & Blepharospasm
- Eyelid Surgery viz. Ectropion
The above list is not exhaustive. His honors include-
- Bharat Biotech – LVPEI Travel Grant Award in 2005
- Travelling Grant Fellowship Award from the Royal College of Surgeons, Glasgow for his work in Oncology research in 2005
- Reviewer for Indian Journal of Ophthalmology’s ‘Head and Neck Surgery’;
- The American Academy of Ophthalmology’s Journal, ‘Dermatologic Surgery’ and for the ‘Archives of Facial Plastic Surgery.’