Until a few decades ago, people who had problems with their vision had no means to resolve it. They had to go about their daily lives with difficulty and at times embarrassment. But this was before the evolution of Oculoplastic surgery. Today, with advanced technology and high end surgical methods, all these ocular disorders can be rectified through Oculoplastic surgery. Oculoplasty can help people recover from various vision related disorders and ocular and facial cancers. Oculoplastic surgery happens to be one of the most globally performed surgeries these days.
Hyderabad is a country that is pretty up to date when it comes to medicines and surgery. Oculoplastic surgeries have gained a lot of popularity in the country over the past few years. The existing oculoplastic surgeons in Hyderabad are all connected to the best hospitals and clinics in the country, as a result of which the patients in need of rectifying genetic and other ocular disorders are guaranteed to get the best treatment in the country.
These surgeries are usually preceded by eye tests and diagnoses, post which the surgeons take the right decisions to deal with the patient’s situation. But despite having good doctors and good hospitals, Hyderabad lacks the ability to make these surgeries more accessible and affordable to the common man in the country.
Oculoplastic Surgery in India
As a result of which many people from Hyderabad choose to pay a visit to India to resolve their ocular and facial disorder. India’s oculoplastic treatments and technologies happen to be much advanced yet reasonable, when compared with all the other developing countries and many developed nations too. This is why India happens to be one of the topmost medical hubs in the world today. Medical tourism contributes to a major portion of India’s economy due to its popularity in the field of medicare.
Indian plastic surgeons are certainly of great demand around the globe. Among them, one of the best happens to be Dr. Debraj Shome, a world renowned oculoplastic and facial plastic surgeon. Dr. Shome is famous for his approachable nature and friendly characteristics and eye for detail. He has many admirable traits that make him the favourite of millions around the world as his fame increases. Some of his professional qualities held with high regard include:
- Availability of one-to-one consultation
- Immense knowledge
- In-depth investigations without bias
- Tie-ups with specialty hospitals
- Guidance on recovery and care
- Follow-up systems
- Awareness about current methods in this field of surgery
The main issue that most of the people in Hyderabad face when it comes to oculoplastic surgeries is that even a reasonably skilled oculoplastic surgeon can only be found in a multi-specialty hospital. This shoots up the medical budget to a level that cannot be shouldered by most of the people on their incomes. To add to it, Hyderabad follows a different billing system than of India, thus making the overall medical bills to be lengthy and unaffordable. A standard oculoplastic treatment performed in India can be paid off within a budget of INR 60,000 to 80,000. This is one of the main reasons why every years hundreds of people from Hyderabad come to India for meeting their ocular needs.
Dr. Debraj Shome and His Accolades
Since the time he has started working as a surgeons, Dr. Shome has never had to look back. His precision and the eye that misses no detail along with his passion to do good for humanity has taken him to great heights. Currently settled in Mumbai, he leads the Facial and Plastic surgery department of the Apollo Spectra in Mumbai. He is the brain behind the famous Esthetics Clinics in Hyderabad, which is linked to the Apollo Hospitals. Dr. Shome had contributed his leadership abilities to the Facial and Plastic Surgery Department of the Esthetic Clinic from 2009 to 2011.
A great visionary and a leader, he is determined to make the world a better and more beautiful place to live in. Countless hospitals in India are on the lookout for the chance to work with Dr. Shome. Dr. Shome’s interest areas are mainly concerned with facial reconstructive surgeries, orbital surgeries and oculoplastic surgeries. Some of them are the following:
- Eyelash enhancement
- Non-surgical Facial Rejuvenation
- Face Lifts
- Facial Reconstructive Surgery post Facial fractures and cancers
- Mid-Face lifts
- Reconstructive Surgery for Facial & Eyelid Cancers
- Facial implants
- Lip Augmentation & enhancement
- Facial Flaps & Grafts for Facial Cancers,
- Orbicularis Oculi Myectomy for intractable Hemifacial spasm & Blepharospasm
- Eyelid Surgery viz. Ectropion
- Facial & Orbital Fracture Repairs
- Neck Lifts
- Cosmetic Facial Plastic Surgery
- Oculoplastic Surgery
- Auricular Repositioning
- Hair Transplants and Hair Restoration Surgery
- Jaw Contouring
Being the brilliant surgeon that he is, Dr. Shome has won many accolades over his career span. A handful of them are mentioned below as the actual list is quite non-exhaustive:
- Top 10 Cosmetic Surgeon India
- Best Plastic Surgeon in World
- Best Plastic Surgeon Mumbai
- Travelling Grant Fellowship Award from the Royal College of Surgeons, Glasgow for his work in Oncology research in Celebrity 2005
- The American Academy of Ophthalmology’s Journal, ‘Dermatologic Surgery’ and for the ‘Archives of Facial Plastic Surgery.’
- Marquis Who’s Who
- Reviewer for Indian Journal of Ophthalmology’s ‘Head and Neck Surgery’
- Best Oculoplastic Surgeon India
- Marquis Who’s Who Asia Pacific
- Bharat Biotech – LVPEI Travel Grant Award in 2005
Dr. Shome’s popularity continues to grow as he becomes more and more experienced. He surely is an answer to all the facial and ocular disorders one can think of.