Oculoplasty involves treating disorders regarding the eye socket, tear ducts, eyelids and the face itself. Today, oculoplastic surgeons are in great demand, as they can cure any ocular disorder with ease. A person with visual impairment can face a lot of problems in life. This is where oculoplasty comes to the rescue. Technology has evolved to a great extent that disorders that were considered incurable once could be rectified forever.
Germany is a country that has many surgeons specializing in oculoplasty and facial disorders..Oculoplasty is not an unfamiliar field in the medical front of the country. The patients with ocular disorders or facial cancers are usually made to take an eye test to determine the depth and specificity of their condition. Based on the diagnosis, the patients are subjected to the right form of treatment.
But most of these surgeons are found only in famous hospitals and clinics. While these hospitals and clinics are certainly capable of providing the patients with high end infrastructure and expert medical care, the accessibility of such hospitals are limited only to a certain section of the society. What would become of the common man who has to undergo an oculoplastic surgery?
Oculoplastic Surgery in India
This is where India steps in. Over the last decade, India has transformed into one of the post popular global wellness hubs. Many factors have contributed to help India create a niche for itself in the field of medical tourism. Every year thousands of tourists pay visit to India to take care of their medical needs. A considerable amount of these tourists belong to Germany too.
While India’s advancement in the field of medicine and surgery is a viable reason, another major reason has something to do with a single personality; Dr. Debraj Shome. Dr. Shome is widely popular in the area of oculoplasty and plastic surgery. He loved and respected by his patients due to many admirable qualities. Some of them are:
- In-depth investigations without bias
- Guidance on recovery and care
- Tie-ups with specialty hospitals
- Availability of one-to-one consultation
- Follow-up systems
- Vast knowledge
- Awareness about current methods in this field of surgery
Dr. Shome’s patients are constantly inspired and uplifted by his friendly nature and approachable attitude.
As the surgeons who specialize in oculoplasty in Germany are mainly found in high-specialty hospitals, majority of the population in the country find it hard to shoulder the medical expenses regarding an oculoplastic surgery. India is considered the best option in situations like these. India’s advanced technology and treatment methods are some of the best in the world, not to mention cost effective too. An oculoplastic surgery performed in a recognized hospital in India is as good as one done in some the best hospitals in Germany, that too at a much lower cost. An ocular or facial surgery would cost about INR 60,000 to 80,000.
Dr. Debraj Shome and His Accolades
Dr. Shome is nothing less than a pioneer and visionary in the field of oculoplasty and plastic surgery. Though he is presently working from Mumbai, many hospitals from around the country as well as abroad are on the lookout for making him a part of their organization.
As of now he leads Apollo Spectra’s Facial Plastic Surgery branch. Dr. Shome is also one of the far-sighted co-founders of Institute of Aesthetic Surgery – The Esthetic Clinics, which is a very popular medical institution in India. His experience and expertise stretch over many areas like facial reconstructive surgery, oculoplastic surgery, facial and ocular cancer and orbital and socket surgery. His thirst for knowledge and passion to heal people has encouraged him to learn and research more about the following fields:
- Facial Reconstructive Surgery post Facial fractures and cancers
- Eyelash enhancement
- Cosmetic Facial Plastic Surgery
- Oculoplastic Surgery
- Non-surgical Facial Rejuvenation
- Face Lifts
- Mid-Face lifts
- Auricular Repositioning
- Hair Transplants and Hair Restoration Surgery
- Facial & Orbital Fracture Repairs
- Neck Lifts
- Jaw Contouring
- Reconstructive Surgery for Facial & Eyelid Cancers
- Facial implants
- Lip Augmentation & enhancement
- Facial Flaps & Grafts for Facial Cancers,
- Orbicularis Oculi Myectomy for intractable Hemifacial spasm &Blepharospasm
- Eyelid Surgery viz. Ectropion
Dr. Shome is a man with multiple talents and endless achievements. The list of his honors and accolades are infinite:
- Best Plastic Surgeon in World
- Best Plastic Surgeon Mumbai
- Top 10 Cosmetic Surgeon India
- The American Academy of Ophthalmology’s Journal, ‘Dermatologic Surgery’ and for the ‘Archives of Facial Plastic Surgery.’
- Marquis Who’s Who
- Best Oculoplastic Surgeon India
- Marquis Who’s Who Asia Pacific
- Bharat Biotech – LVPEI Travel Grant Award in 2005
- Travelling Grant Fellowship Award from the Royal College of Surgeons, Glasgow for his work in Oncology research in Celebrity 2005
- Reviewer for Indian Journal of Ophthalmology’s ‘Head and Neck Surgery’;
With every passing day, Dr. Shome’s fame is climbing up. He so popular that even people from Pakistan visit him to experience his healing touch.